[mythtv] problem with delete button "Yes, but record..." missing

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu Feb 12 20:29:40 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:02:10PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:

> Humm. I guess it's not self-evident then. As I'd mentioned in the original
> check-in, pressing Enter brings up the override dialog which has a full
> text explanation of the status. There are only a handful that come up
> regularly and I would think that the user would learn to recognize these
> fairly quickly. Perhaps the RecStatusText() (one or two word status info)
> for the selected item could appear in the upper left corner or something.
>
> One of the things that I think could be confusing is that the conflicts
> page has mnemonics for the recording status but the EPG has mnemonics for
> the record rule type. There some letters that are used in both places ("T"
> comes to mind) but these indicate different things. I can see where that
> might be confusing.

I think that a few extra characters in the list itself would be well-spent
here; things like "Rec[ord]", "Dup[licate]", "Alt[ernate time]", and
"Sup[pressed]" have much more mnemonic value than "1", "P", "O" and "X"
(respectively).

In the EPG we are pressed for space, but I think we can spare it in
viewscheduled.

--
 - mdz