[mythtv] [Patch]Fix hang after ff/rew

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Feb 14 15:23:05 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> Doesn't select (space/enter) exit ff/rew mode?
>>

> I just tested it, and yeah it does.  Though from a usability standpoint
> it doesn't make much sense to press select on your remote when what you
> want to do is enter normal playback.

Huh? I do so at least a hundred time per day...

>  How about adding an explicit play
> button instead most remotes those...

To me, enter/space is the "play" button. On my remote I have
enter (or is it space) for the "OK" button in the middle of
the arrows and the other for the "Play" button on the remote. If
not enter/space, what do you have mapped for your "Play" button?

I agree with David and Isaac that Pause should pause from FF/Rew
(I do that quite often too ;-) and Play (enter/space) should
return to normal playback from FF/Rew as it does now.

--  bjm