[mythtv] Re: Different compile options

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 16 10:58:31 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
]On Monday 16 February 2004 14:12, Axel Thimm wrote:
]> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:42:37PM +0100, Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
]> Are you saying that it is safe to build against nvidia's XvMC (which
]> is static BTW)
]Yea, that will work, but you will ignore I810 users, dunno how many is using it.

What about loading libXvMCNVIDIA.so dynamically? I810XvMC.a is open
source so that could be made dynamic too, then you could load whichever
is present... We would have to include whichever XvMC implementations
exist, but it would be no harder to add a new one to the dynamic
a supported XvMC implementation...

-- Daniel