[mythtv] Re: Different compile options

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 16 20:19:43 EST 2004

I'm getting busier with other projects, but I can work on this once the
HDTV patch starts to stabilize.

-- Daniel
  << When truth is outlawed; only outlaws will tell the truth. >> - RLiegh

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:

]On Monday 16 February 2004 10:58 am, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
]> ]On Monday 16 February 2004 14:12, Axel Thimm wrote:
]> ]> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:42:37PM +0100, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
]> ]> Are you saying that it is safe to build against nvidia's XvMC (which
]> ]> is static BTW)
]> ]Yea, that will work, but you will ignore I810 users, dunno how many is
]> using it.
]>
]> What about loading libXvMCNVIDIA.so dynamically? I810XvMC.a is open
]> source so that could be made dynamic too, then you could load whichever
]> is present... We would have to include whichever XvMC implementations
]> exist, but it would be no harder to add a new one to the dynamic
]> a supported XvMC implementation...
]
]Sure, if someone else wanted to do the work for that..
]
]Isaac
]mythtv-dev mailing list
]mythtv-dev at mythtv.org