[mythtv] MMX/3DNow!/SSE OSD blends

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Tue Feb 17 04:58:31 EST 2004

Isaac, am I misundstanding this code, or is all of the code that's using
pow_lut pretty much identical?  In other words, would it be sensible to to
code one function which blends an alpha-masked region onto another
alpha-masked region, and have it used by ttfont and osdtypes as well?

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like that might be the best direction to go w/
this.  This should save some code duplication, as the common blending code
can be replaced by a call to blendregion or blendregion_mmx, or whatever
you'd prefer to call them.

In any case, I'll be working along these lines, and should have something
fairly shortly (probably day or 2 to a week, now that I'm actually coding).
--
Andrew Mahone
andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc