[mythtv] [BT] mythbackend segfaults

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Feb 18 03:43:12 EST 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 02:23 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
> After months of stability, I've had several backend SEGVs
> during recording on both the master and slaves. This started
> about 24 hours ago and may have started after the last ffmpeg
> resync. Before writing a restart script, I did a debug build
> and grabed this backtrace. This seems to happen at a frequency
> of about once per 1-2 hours.

Saw something similar before I checked it in (would die in a matter of
seconds), but I I had fixed the cause of that...   Could you try reproducing
with current CVS?

If it's not fixed, would you mind compiling the stuff in libavcodec/ with -O0
instead of -O to get a more accurate bt?  It's set to -O because one file
(mpegvideo_mmx_template.c) doesn't compile due to some shady inline asm
without optimizations, but it messes up backtraces as you can see..

Isaac