[mythtv] CD-Writing inside MythMusic

Asier aibarguen at euskalnet.net
Thu Feb 19 02:19:40 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have been working with MythTV since October'03. Now I have MythTV14
working in a new special design"PioneerDVD" with EPIAM10000 inside and a
Panasonic Slim DVD-CDRW unit.

I've finished my first patch to MythTV. This patch will enable some
functions to create CD-R and CD-RWs inside MythMusic. (Car Audio?)

Perhaps you will find it very useful. There are little differences from
MythTV14 original version:

In mythmusic-0.14/mythmusic:

globalsettings.cpp
playlist.cpp
playlist.h
databasebox.cpp
databasebox.h

How to use it:

First of all, check external software versions: CDRECORD 2.0, LAME 3.93,
MKISOFS 2.0 (I think others will work too)

Go to Settings/Music/General and you will find a second screen. Check
options. You must find an active cdwriter. Note that cdrecord needs a
SCSI device. You can change an IDE cdwriter with option "hdc=ide-scsi"
on boot. (Note that hdc means first IDE of secondary adapter).

You can now go to select music. Select some artists/titles and go to
active playlist. Press "I" and you will find three more options and a
total time/capacity required.

Options are very obvious:
- Create CD MP3
- Create CD Audio