[mythtv] [Experiemental Patch] DVB now-next

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Thu Feb 19 05:13:50 EST 2004

Since we in the UK are still waiting for the BBC to get the Freeview EPG
going, I thought I'd try and put together some code to update the
program database from the "now next" EIT tables. (The idea being that it
would allow me to test EIT parsing and also it might be of use to
someone)

Anyway here it is, it's not to be put anywhere near a mythtv box you're
particularly attached to (at least not the database), but it does seem
to work. To set it up you need to enter the service id for the channel
you want it to update, as it checks the incoming EIT table against a map
of these.

Issues:
	Doesn't seem to like the transition into record mode.
        Seem to get (more) errors when recording, (not sure if this is
just due to poor reception though)
	Categories might be a little off. (ahem)

Questions:
        I'm not sure if this should be in process to the backend or not
? I kind of thought it needed to be to open look at the DVB information
but I might be wrong.
	I'm not really happy with the way I'm getting the data into the
database. It goes via signal to DVBChannel to a method on the Recorder.
It seems a bit convoluted to me but I couldn't spot an analogous bit of
code.

Credit is due to  Rainer Scherg for the dvbsnoop tool and code.

Feedback would be appreciated.
--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>