[mythtv] [patch] audio open failure dialogbox

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Feb 20 07:13:20 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 05:26, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 07:12 am, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a small patch to display a dialogbox if the audiooutput failes to
> > initialize. It gives the user a choice to either return to the menu, or
> > continue without sound. I've only done the required changes to the OSS
> > part, but if it's okay, i'll do the other output classes as well.
>
> Hmm..  Almost ok =)
>
> It looks like you're going to be displaying the error box on some non-fatal
> errors (the first 'error opening device' can be recovered from being in
> that loop, and the GETCAPS ioctl failure).  Other than that, if you got rid
> of the macro and made it a member function instead, I'd apply this.

Here's a revised version. I also did the ALSA and ARTS this time around (I
refuse to touch the dx stuff, uh). I've also rearranged the dialog stuff in
NVP, so that it does not stall when returning to the menu. I was kinda crude
to the ALSA file (rearranging it so it's readable), but I've tested all
three, and they work well. Hope you don't mind that :)

--

Kenneth
ke-aa at frisurf.no