[mythtv] safe_mythbackend

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Sun Feb 22 06:11:27 EST 2004

Hi,

I've been reading about this problem and there is not only problem of
restarting mythbackend. For pvr 350 (and maybe fot others) there could
happen problems with drivers (ivtv for intance can loose clue) and then
mythbackend needs not only restart but also reload of kernel modules for
ivtv. Also some guy some time ago contributed script that detects zero
length recordings, that are also sign of misoperation, although mythbackend
is still running ...

Maybe some kind of aggregation of all those tests would be right thing.

Regards,

Robert.