[mythtv] Duplicate Recordings

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sun Feb 22 19:44:43 EST 2004

Hmmm, I see what you mean.
"Blah Blah Blah (Part 1)"
"Blah Blah Blah (Part 2)"

How about some exceptions then? 1st) Make the comparison return equal on
whitespace and case changes. 2nd) Add an exception to ignore an added
HDTV word. 3rd) Ignore punctuation, the "(" and ")" in the HDTV example,
but I can't imagine other punctuation adds much.

Recording two versions can also mean not recording a lower priority show
that overlaps with a show you already have... No more Star Trek for me
when my SO's favorite show is on simultaniously.

-- Daniel