[mythtv] New patch: Event log in database

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Tue Feb 24 02:53:32 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2004 01:14 am, Matt White wrote:
>
>>Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>
>>>You can fool CVS into thinking you added a file locally by adding an
>>>entry to the CVS/Entries file in the appropriate directory, like so:
>>>
>>>(file mythtv/contrib/CVS/Entries):
>>>/mythmaillog.pl/0/Initial mythmaillog//
>>
>>Excellent!  I tried faking an entry, but I didn't get the format
>>right, apparently.
>>
>>Attached is the complete patch, including both new scripts for /contrib.
>

> Ok, I'd like this to not require a script to be run to prevent it from filling
> up someone's database with log messages (have it check periodically in the
> source somewhere, for instance).

I had been thinking about that - any pointers to where to put a cleanup?
  I figured that the regular scheduler loop wasn't the right place.

Would it make sense to create a thread that's kicked off when
mythbackend launches (like the AutoExpire stuff)?  If that sounds good,
I'm thinking that I could do it as a generic "housekeeping" object that
other stuff like this could be added to.

Do you want me to incorporate the mythmaillog script into the system as
well?  I'm assuming that one should stay external...

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"