[mythtv] DVB audio rate fixed?

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 15:45:35 EST 2004

Dear all,

Is the DVB audio bit-rate fixed at 128kb/sec? Might be jumping to conclusions, but here's my scenario:

I am trying to use the UK freeview radio channels (BBC7 etc.), but the frontend complains about 'Audio buffer overflow' and it's very broken up. (I have set the Video PID to another channel's video pid to keep myth from crashing).

The only difference between the radio station and BBC Parliament (which works fine, video pid as above) as far as I can tell is that the audio on BBCP is 128kb/sec and BBC7 is transmitted at 160kb/sec.

I can play both fine using dvbstream and mplayer on the command line.

Thanks in advance, Paul