[mythtv] [feature] Fast MemCopy

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 1 16:21:10 EST 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 04:04 pm, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Okay, so mplayer, xine and a patch for the via driver in xfree has a
> routine to bench different versions of memcpy on runtime
> (glibc,mmx,sse...). Now these optimized versions (I think) is only a
> speedup with length over ~250 bytes, and what I'm wondering about here
> then, is this needed and would it benefit MythTV some? If someone could
> comment on a couple of major copys in the main player codepath, I'll
> take it upon me to do the dirtywork!

Most of the major memcpy's during playback were optimized out with the old
direct rendering modifications, but the non-direct rendering path could
probably benefit from this.  There's a couple big memcpy's in the analog
recording path that might benefit somewhat.  Maybe some stuff in the
RingBuffer class as well...  Nothing else off the top of my head..

Isaac