[mythtv] Anyone working on direct MPEG2 encoding?

Chris Osgood mythtv at functionalfuture.com
Thu Jan 1 19:26:41 EST 2004

For testing I've been using mencoder (rc3 has the latest stuff) and the
libavcodec stuff.

You can use "-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video ..."

I don't have my exact settings in front of me at the moment but I was
encoding real-time on my 800 Mhz P3 system at about 50% CPU usage.  Not
super high-quality (320x240) but the usage was about the same as mpeg4
with similar settings.

--
// Chris