[mythtv] TV buffer size?

Dan Sully daniel at electricrain.com
Sat Jan 3 12:49:21 EST 2004

I've looked through the archives, and haven't seen this before.

(you may also call me crazy for trying to do this).

I've a server with a pcHDTV card which is running myth-backend, and
successfully recording ATSC to disk.

I'd like to have a frontend machine stream the recorded shows, however there
doesn't appear to be any setting (or my quick look through the cvs source)
for the buffer size that mythtv uses for transporting the stream.

So when I do play it, it stutters rather badly.

If I use the Video Player, and an nfsmount with mplayer -cache 8192, the
video is smooth. The front end is definitely not CPU bound, and a look with
iftop & nfsstat show the backend isn't either cpu, io or network bound.

So my question is - is anyone else attempting to do this with ATSC data? And
is there a way to get the buffering onto a preference screen?

Thanks.

-D
--
This suckage is brought to you by the letters U, D, and P.