[mythtv] High CPU usage with CVS version

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jan 3 15:14:12 EST 2004

I'm having a problem with the latest CVS version.  I'm using a bttv card
encoding to mpeg4 with mp3 audio.  If I try to watch a video that is
currently being recorded then the frontend uses an abnormally high amount
of CPU (over 50% - it usually uses 10 - 20%).  Watching Live TV works
fine, and watching the video once it has been recorded seems to work ok.

Has anyone got any ideas what might cause this?  I'm just upgraded my bttv
drivers too, but that shouldn't affect the frontend.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/