[mythtv] [FIX] V4L2 controls

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Jan 4 05:44:44 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Bruce Markey wrote:

> BTW, FWIW, WORKSFORME. I'm using bttv 0.9.12 w/ Linux 2.4.23
> and had no such problem with the V4L2 picture controls.

Hmm, that's bizarre.  In the bttv source (from
http://bytesex.org/bttv/bttv-0.9.12.tar.gz) videodev2.h has:
  #define VIDIOC_S_CTRL       _IOWR ('V', 28, struct v4l2_control)
  #define VIDIOC_S_CTRL_OLD   _IOW  ('V', 28, struct v4l2_control)

But VIDIOC_S_CTRL_OLD is never actually used.
TBH I have no idea what the _IOW and _IOWR stuff is actually doing, nor
why it's been changed.

I've looked around and can't seem to find a bttv mailing list anywhere -
is there one?

> Make sure you've removed or overwritten and rmmod-ed any of
> the old bttv related modules from the kernel modules_install
> and be sure you have 'Load "v4l"' in your XF86Config-4 file.

I've definately not got any old drivers there, and the X configuration
won't make any difference (since mythbackend doesn't run under X).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/