[mythtv] Mythchannel

Bert Haverkamp lists at hccnet.nl
Thu Jan 8 14:02:07 EST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 01:19, Dane Kantner wrote:
> > Is anyone working on a a way to adjust the channels and frequencies
>
> manually
>
> > in mythtv for analog TV? I just discovered mythchannel
> > (http://www.elserrat.com/MythTV/MythChannels). I am thinking about using
>
> this
>
> > as a basis for a patch that includes the above functionality. But I'd
> > like

> > make sure someone else isn't working on this too.
>
> I looked at the MythChannels when it was fairly new... I don't know that it
> worked for me.  But that was three months ago.
>
> Have you tried using the Setup functionality on a recent CVS of mythweb?
> You can tweak the frequencies in that table.  I went in and deleted just
> the frequency (=channel number) from the channels I didn't want to see in
> Myth. Myth now skips these.  I didn't try swapping frequencies, but I
> imagine that it would work.
>
> -Dane
Hi Dane,

No, I have not looked at CVS. I'm still on 0.13 I was waiting for 0.14 to
start hacking on mythchannel.

The reason I am looking at this functionality is that we are developing a
standallone consumer system. Therfore this  option to change the channels and
xmltv settings should be in mythfrontend. The user  should be able to program
it via the TV, just like an ordinary VCR.  The mythchannels module seems
close to what I need. So I'll take a look if noone else is doing this
already.

Btw, can anyone explain me why the setup program in the source directory of
mythtv isn't merged in mythfrontend. It seems to me that one should be able
to set these things from mythfrontend too.

Bert