[mythtv] [patch] associate freqtable with videosource

Chris Eldredge chriseldredge at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 18:58:36 EST 2004

The attached patch modifies the way frequency tables are handled by the
channel class, in order that a different frequency table may be used with
each videosource.

This is my first patch, so I'm hoping I got it right.  I also don't know
what the policy is for making changes to the database schema.  I changed
the db version to 1024... don't know if that was appropriate.

The patch should be pretty much self explanatory but in English it does
the following:

- In dbcheck.cpp, update mythconverg database
   o Create column freqtable in table videosource
   o Set the default value for each videosource to the current value
     in the settings table
   o Delete the 'FreqTable' row in the settings table

- In channel.cpp
   o In SetChannelByString(), look up the freqtable when
     looking up the other channel values (using join on sourceid)
   o Call SetFreqTable with corresponding value

- In channel.h
   o Changed method SetFreqTable from public to private.  I believe
     managing frequency tables is an internal, just like TuneTo() is.

- In tv_rec.cpp
   o Removed call to SetFreqTable since it is now handled internally by
     the channel object itself.

- In videosource.h
   o Create the frequency table combo box and add it to the videosource
     configuration window

- In setup/backendsettings.cpp
   o Remove frequency table combo box from general settings
     configuration window

There is some work left before the same physical tuner can use more than 1
frequency table (cable, bcast) or norm (NTSC, ATSC, PAL).  I will be
working on this next.  It does, however, allow you to have 2 videosources
which use different freq. tables, and use the correct one based on which
videosource you have attached to a cardinput.

Chris.