[mythtv] Streaming Media as part of MythMusic or new streaming module??

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 8 19:54:22 EST 2004

Stefan + Other developers,

I have been looking into streaming media with MythTV, and from the email
below you can see that I have been in touch with Stefan Frank.

Stefan has told me that he has gone a long way down the route of
integrating this into MythMusic, with one major limitation that this
present solution cannot play realaudio streams.

I have done some experimentation in this area, and I have had particular
success using Mplayer with LIVE.com support compiled in. This leads me
to suggest a different approach to that offered by Stefan, I am keen to
develop a complete steaming myth module based on mplayer. Firstly to
support Streaming audio and later to support streaming video as well.

My current idea is to take the mythvideo module as a template and modify
this to do what is required to launch mplayer with the required command
line options.

I suppose the main question is, should I pursue this, or should I be
concentrating on assisting the MythMusic solution instead ?

Stefan, anyone else any comments ??

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,

Darren