[mythtv] Streaming Media as part of MythMusic or new streaming module??

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Thu Jan 8 20:39:07 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Darren wrote:

> I suppose the main question is, should I pursue this, or should I be
> concentrating on assisting the MythMusic solution instead ?

Apparently the latter. I'm curious what exactly mplayer is doing, the
live.com stuff looks like it is just rtsp support. Where are the codecs
coming from?

A side question, does mythvideo do streaming video? Will it connect to,
say, icy video streams? If support is added for streaming protocols it
seems like there is potential for overlap between mythmusic and mythvideo.

I will grudgingly admit that i know a few things about realmedia, and can
help out.