[mythtv] High mysql CPU usage in latest CVS

Mark mrote at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 13:21:43 EST 2004

Using the latest CVS I noticed that it was taking an very long time for my
recordings to come up after selecting "Watch Recordings". I ran top and
found that that the mysql process was using 75-97% CPU on my PIII 866. I
then reverted back to my last CVS build which was Jan 5 I believe and the
list of recordings come up instantly. Running top showed that the mysqld
process was now only running about .5-1.5% during this activity. Going back
to current CVS causes CPU usage to spike again. I noticed the same thing
when exiting after watching a recording. Is anyone else seeing this or do I
have something messed up?