[mythtv] More recording profiles? (revisited)

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:12:23 EST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:11:36 -0800, "Chris Petersen"said:
> > I dunno.  I really like the the way the current stuff works.  Just seems
> > really easy to use to me..  If enough other developers feel otherwise,
> > though, sure, something like what you proposed could work.
>
> My proposal was basically a way to have the best of both worlds - assure
> that there are matching hardware/software/transcode settings for each
> profile, and still allow for as many different profiles as the user
> wanted.

By the way, I plan to make the transcoders into a special case.  It
probably still won't allow the user to create custom profiles, but I'm
not actually sure yet.  Now that MPEG2 transcoding is nearly working, I
need to think of an elegant way to deal with it along with auto/manual
transcoding.

.Geoff