[mythtv] problems with staring mythbackend

Harley Cole-Puls cole0103 at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jan 12 16:47:46 EST 2004

Gday

I am having problems starting mythbackend (CVS). My setup is M10000, Nova-t,
Gentoo, 2.4.23-epia. This card works when I pipe the output of dvbstream into
mplayer. The setup program recognises it as a phillips and i think i have setup
the dvb channels correctly.

I had this same error when i was using myth0.13, this is why i upgraded to the
cvs version... does anyone know what the use_ts field is for, and why it is an
unknown column. Is there a way around this ?

Harley

Here is the error message

DB Error (getdevices):
Query was:
SELECT videodevice,vbidevice,audiodevice,audioratelimit,defaultinput,cardtype,
use_ts,dvb_type FROM capturecard WHERE cardid = 1;
Driver error was [2/1054]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Unknown column 'use_ts' in 'field list'

Channel::Open(): Can't open:
No such file or directory
Channel::Open(): Can't open:
No such file or directory
Couldn't find input: Television on card
2004-01-13 08:31:10 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
Failed to bind port: 6543