[mythtv] Modifying the width/style of the 'focus' indicator Qt uses for buttons etc?

Tim Harvey tharvey at alumni.calpoly.edu
Wed Jan 14 00:02:47 EST 2004

The settings dialogs for MythTV keep driving me nuts.  I find it very
difficult to tell which widget is focused making the whole interface a
little non-intuitive as the focus indicator for a widget is a 1pt dashed
line which barely registers on my TV/monitor.
Does anyone know if there is a global way to modify the linewidth or
style that Qt uses to display the widget that has keyboard focus?  I
could swear I saw Issac post about some sort of file that could be
edited to tweak qt settings but I can't find anything searching the
archives.  I've looked in qtconfig but haven't come up with a solution.
I suppose I could subclass the widgets and implement my own focus method
if there is no other way.

Personally I would like to see the settings dialogs get fully
implemented in mythweb and either completely pulled out of mythfrontend
or stripped down to only main settings and save the 'advanced' settings
for mythweb.  Has this been discussed before?  Obviously a first step
would be implementing the settings within mythweb which I'm happy to
contribute to if someone isn't already working on it.

Tim