[mythtv] DVB EPG (Patch as requested)

Wed Jan 14 04:55:48 EST 2004

> > i.e. does the event information roll over to the current program
> > as soon as it starts. The old OnDigital used to show old information in the
> > OSD quite often after a program had started, although that could just be
> > crappy software in the device.
>
> Not sure, Guess we'll have to watch it over a transition.

I have seen the now/next showing information for the wrong DAY from time to time...  I would suspect that it just rolls over at the required time, and only if you have a schedule change will you be able to see that it's "sometimes" right.

I think you shouldn't assume that it is accurate, just read the date/time and assume the worst.

Terrestrial TV used to have indicators for video recorders showing when the program started and ended though.  I wonder if this signalling is also being used in Freeview?  I notice that a few advert breaks still have the flashing white/black square in the top right of the screen, however, not all use this...