[mythtv] DVB EPG (Patch as requested)

Ian Caulfield imc25 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 05:21:30 EST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> Terrestrial TV used to have indicators for video recorders showing when
> the program started and ended though.  I wonder if this signalling is
> also being used in Freeview?  I notice that a few advert breaks still
> have the flashing white/black square in the top right of the screen,
> however, not all use this...

EN 300 468 specifies the Running Status Table (PID 0x13, TID 0x71). The
standard says "The RST allows accurate and rapid updating of the timing
status of one or more events. This may be necessary when an event starts
early or late due to scheduling changes."

This sounds like just the thing... the information provided specifies if
the program is 'running', 'not running', 'starting in a few seconds'.

Does anyone know if this table is present on UK services?

Ian