[mythtv] Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

Mark Chou mechou at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 11:49:22 EST 2004

I have a peculiar issue with conflict scheduling with 2 tuners (each on
a different backend).  The output of "mythbackend --printsched" is
attached below (with two cuts from brevity). Each of the shows last one
hour; only a global pre/postroll of 60 seconds is specified; and each of
the shows is a "channelrecord," i.e. record whenever it comes on this
channel. Mythtv is from cvs dated 1/12.

I'm wondering why the first Nova program (below cut1) gets overridden,
and does not get assigned to "tuner 2," when it's clearly available.
Instead the "overridden" (as shown by the 'O' in column N.  Nova gets
recorded at a later time, 1/18 (it just happens to be a repeat).

This was not the behavior in myth .12.  In myth .12 the first Nova would
have been recorded.

How do I go about changing the behavior so it's similar to myth .12?  I
really don't want recordings deferred to the last (repeat) showing,
because if that recording messes up for whatever reason, it would mean
that I would have completely missed that program :).

Thanks,
Mark

$ mythbackend --printsched
2004-01-14 19:08:02 Connecting to backend server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx
(try 1 of 5)
Retrieving Schedule from Master backend.
#-----cut1------
Title                 Chan  ChID  StartTime       S I C  C R O N
Priority Total
CSI: Crime Scene Inves   5  6005  Jan 15 08:00pm  6 1 1  0 1 0 -
0    0
Nova                    10  6010  Jan 15 08:00pm  6 1 1  0 0 0 O
0    0
CSI: Crime Scene Inves   5  6005  Jan 15 09:00pm  6 1 1  0 1 0 -
0    0
Frontline                9  6009  Jan 15 09:00pm  6 2 2  0 1 0 -
0    0
Nova                    10  6010  Jan 18 11:00pm  6 1 1  0 1 0 -
0    0