[mythtv] [BT] current-cvs frontend crash on recorded-shows screen

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Jan 16 21:33:59 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 01:01:33AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Friday 16 January 2004 12:31 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > My wife was watching tv tonight while I was out and the frontend
> > crashed with a SEGV.  She said she was watching livetv, then went to
> > watch a recorded show, finished that, left it on the "play recorded
> > shows" screen for a while as she did other stuff, and then came back
> > to a crashed frontend.  I'm setup to use the PVR-350 output device.
> > Here is the backtrace...
>
> Hmm..  Was it on the screen long enough for it to reach the end of the
> recording?

For entirely different reasons, I was thinking the other day about adding a
timeout to the preview display so that it would stop after a minute or so.
I doubt that anyone wants to watch an entire recording through that little
window, and it can waste a significant amount of bandwidth and/or CPU
resources.  Does this seem reasonable?

--
 - mdz