[mythtv] Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Sun Jan 18 02:13:49 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 07:45:36PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Change the function that selects the card for live-TV so that
> it chooses the last available card rather than the first
> available card (only a few characters to change). The last

I thought it was already doing this.

> all cards are in use. The scheduler then won't need to do
> anything special to accommodate novice users who still think
> they're supposed to channel surf ;-).

I don't think so.  The idea is to find a (relatively simple) way of
accomodating the desires of two different camps.  One camp wants
everything recorded as soon as possible and if it uses all cards, then
so be it.  The other camp wants to keep some number of cards unused if
possible (save for live TV, they are lower quality, etc.) and if it
means recording later showings of some programs, then do that.

In the end, I think the scheduling algorithm is going to be the same
for both cases -- the scheduler still needs to figure out how to
record the desired programs given a limited number of cards.  The only
difference is that in one case, the number of cards is a hard limit,
and in the other case, it is a soft limit.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com