[mythtv] Re: Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 04:22:24 EST 2004

For me, the LiveTV feature of Myth is just as
important as the recording mode.

I find that while I have my favorite shows that I like
to record, there are also other times where I just use
the EPG to pick the "best of a bad lot", so to speak.
For instance, right now it's 1:15AM, and normally I'm
not up this late, but I am because I can't sleep, so
I'm watching MSNBC Investiates right now.  I wouldn't
normally record it, but because I'm up this late, it's
not so bad.  Going to the EPG to record it is a bit of
a pain, because then I have to remember to delete it
after I watch it (and if I don't watch the entire
episode, then it's even more of a waste, I think).

I happen to have two tuners, so if something were to
be recorded, I'd love to have it record on the second
tuner, so that I can continue to watch LiveTV on the
first tuner.  If a second program needs to be
recorded, then I'd gladly give up the first tuner
(currently watching LiveTV) for the recording (but
that rarely happens).

I looked into changing the scheduler to do something
like this a few of months ago, but gave up when I
realized the complexity in it.  I have a very simple
setup, two tuner cards both using analog cable, in the
same MythTV machine.  There are many other
combinations that could be problematic.

-- Joe