[mythtv] MPEG2->MPEG2 commercial cut code in CVS

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Sun Jan 18 10:03:52 EST 2004

The transcoding still doesnt work for me. If I use mythtranscode -i <file>
I get a tmp file that has no video and plays about 1/2 sec of audio every
5 seconds. The file size about 92% of the orginal. Is this working for
anyone? If so can you share your card type, firmware level, ivtv level and
recording settings

-David

"Geoffrey Hausheer" <ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org
01/17/2004 10:34 PM
Please respond to
Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>

mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
cc

Subject
[mythtv] MPEG2->MPEG2 commercial cut code in CVS

Okay, I finally got the MPEG2 transcoding code integrated enough that it
works ok with mythbackend.  I changed the commercial cutting to mark
broken frames (rather than removing the bogus 'B' frames).  I don't know
if that'll help compatibility or not, but it seems to work slightly
better for me.  Since it certainly needs a bit more testing, I haven't
integrated it into mythfrontend yet.  To enable mpeg2 transcoding, you
need to execute something like this mysql command:
update recordingprofiles set videocodec = "MPEG-2" where name = "MPEG2";

This also includes the ability to rebuild the recordedmarkup table (use
the '-b' switch to mythtranscode to do it manually)

Let me know if you try it (whether it works or not)

The latest CVS includes all of my latest updates, so no additional
patches should be needed.

.Geoff