[mythtv] Bug: frontend doesn't start with Random Theme

Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wagner at rince.de
Wed Jan 21 04:10:10 EST 2004

Hi,

Finally, I was able to finalize the installation of MythTV on my PC.

I use MythTV CVS-Version with the status of yesterday.

I tried to change the installation for using a different theme
(RandomTheme, to be exact). Then I tried to restart the Frontend -
which stopped just with "Floating point exception". After debugging
with strace I saw that he tried to find "preview.png" in different
directories which didn't exist.

After manually resetting the setting "RandomTheme" to "0" in the
mysql-database (table settings), I was able to restart the frontend.

Could anyone please either disable the random-theme-setting or make
a better exception handling for users? FPE doens't really tell the
user what is wrong ;)

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince at IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |