[mythtv] Back to back recordings on the same channels fails

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jan 22 08:23:12 EST 2004

> CVS log for mythtv/programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp
>
> Tue Jan 20 04:24:09 2004 UTC (44 hours, 33 minutes ago) by gigem
> Changes since 1.61: +83 -31 lines
> Diff to previous 1.61
>
> Changed the scheduler to keep the history of what's it done around
> longer and changed the assosiated reporting functions to make use of
> it.  It is now possible to get accurate status on currently recording
> programs and other recent scheduler activity.  The historical data is
> kept for up to 24 hours as long as the master backend remains up.
>
> This shouldn't have any effect on the scheduler's decision making
> since it doesn't change the algorithm.  But, be forewarned anyway and
> let me know ASAP if anything strange happens.

If two recordings are scheduled consecutively on the same
channel, the second will fail to record. The backend logs show
no attempt to start the second record and the PrintList
history has no record of the scheduled item after its starttime.

This happens with or without global preroll and the second
record will fail to start even if it is assigned to a different
tuner than the first. Back to back shows on different channels
record correctly.

To reproduce. Go the the EPG and find a show that will end soon.
Press "R" on the current show and "R" on the show that follows
on the same channel. Check the record status of the second show
both before and after its starttime.

--  bjm

: bjm at moktoo ; mb --printsched
2004-01-22 04:59:22 Connecting to backend server: 192.168.0.33:6543 (try 1 of 1)
Retrieving Schedule from Master backend.
--- print list start ---
Title                 Chan  ChID  StartTime       S I C  C R O N Priority Total
Narrow Margin            7  1007  Jan 22 04:57am  1 1 1  0 1 0 1        0    4
The Parent 'Hood         7  1007  Jan 22 05:00am  1 1 1  0 1 0 1        0    4
Ask Rita                 7  1007  Jan 22 05:30am  1 1 1  0 1 0 1        0    4
---  print list end  ---

: bjm at moktoo ; mb --printsched
2004-01-22 05:00:08 Connecting to backend server: 192.168.0.33:6543 (try 1 of 1)
Retrieving Schedule from Master backend.
--- print list start ---
Title                 Chan  ChID  StartTime       S I C  C R O N Priority Total
Narrow Margin            7  1007  Jan 22 04:57am  1 1 1  0 1 0 -        0    0
Ask Rita                 7  1007  Jan 22 05:30am  1 1 1  0 1 0 1        0    4
---  print list end  ---

["Narrow Margin" finished recording but "The Parent 'Hood"
did not record.]