[mythtv] qmake creating -I../../../../include

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Jan 23 12:41:53 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 03:09:51PM +0100, Bert Haverkamp wrote:

> I have had the same problem as you, and I bet you are building form /usr/src
> like I did. Am I right? Since /usr is in both the seek path and in the
> current path for the libaries, qmake creates a relative path instead of an
> absolute path.
>
> Building from any non-/usr path solves the problem. Use /home/mythtv for
> instance.
>
> For building the myhttv-debian packages it is even worse. The paths that qmake
> produces in that case are really wrong. instead
> of /usr/src/mythtv/debian/usr/xx  it
> creates /usr/src/mythtv/debian/../../../xx or the likes because it exands the
> $PREFIX variable to early. Again, building in /home solves the problem

Yep, this is http://bugs.debian.org/180240, which is approaching its first
anniversary without any sign of being fixed.

In the next version of the Debian packages, I've added a test to fail early
if the build is attempted under /usr, to avoid confusion when the process
fails at this late stage.  Building under /usr is pretty silly anyway, but
it's common enough that I get mail about this from time to time.

--
 - mdz