[mythtv] Filter documentation?

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Sun Jan 25 02:16:47 EST 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 00:46, D Banerjee wrote:
> Once the filter setup gui interface is up, I think most of these questions
> should be eliminated/self explanatory (i.e. the description field for the
> filter). Perhaps a one liner added to the Playback/Recording sections of
> the HOWTO explaining that you _can_ setup filters. The real problem is
> right now that you can't set them up without really knowing what you are
> doing/editing the database.
>
> -Debabrata

I don't know MythTV well enough yet to go messing with the GUI, though, and a
filter selection screen could be very complex (consider that filters may be
used twice in a chain, etc).  Until somebody has time to do this messy work,
some docs on how to specify filters would probably be very helpful, and
shouldn't take long to write.  Don't forget, mythweb also allows you to edit
channel filters, and you can specify a filter string for playback, so there
are some easy ways to enter filter strings, but no documentation at all on
how to construct a valid fiter string.
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc