[mythtv] Heads up: Smart playlists in MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Jan 26 15:09:59 EST 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 14:41, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> smart:[any|all]:[field],[operand],[result];[...]
>
> any|all: Either any or all depending on whether you want all
> conditions met or any condition
> field: any field from the musicmetadata table
> operand: any valid SQL operator like =, <, >, LIKE, etc.
> result: the value to test against.  Text must be quoted.

	I think we talked about this some time back (?). One thing I was
thinking was that it would be awfully nice to have a separate table for
smart playlists, and a separate object (SmartPlaylist() ?).

	Because you can currently have playlists within playlists, the playlist
id's are quite important, and there's some logic in there to prevent
the user from ending up with an inifinitely recursive playlist (e.g.
Playlist 1 contains Playlist 2, which contains Playlist 3, wich
contains Playlist 1 ...).

	Also, playlists have to be loaded and parsed in two stages to make sure
that references to other playlists are correct.

	So ... in order not to gum up any of that, it would be nice to have
smart playlists be separate objects with their own id space. They'd
still get stuck on the same nodes of the playlist trees for the user to
see (of course).

	Just a thought.

- thor