[mythtv] Regarding

John W. Ross programming at johnwross.com
Tue Jan 27 11:13:02 EST 2004

> >Question for you John, when you press pause while playing video, do you
get  an On Screen Display on the MediaMVP? I am trying to figure out if it
can support the Myth OSD.

> Dennis

Dennis, I think I can see where you are going with this.  Since it puts the
icon on the screen could it also put the Pause 21:09 of 43:04 type
information on the screen...

 I think the next question is where the MediaMVP is getting the graphic for
the [] symbol?  If the VNC server is sending it directly at the point that
you pause viewing, or is the graphic cached at the MVP.  Tonight, I'll try a
test to determine this.  What I have in mind is to load the MVP and start
play back.  Then I'll pause and verify that it displays the icon.  Then I'll
go into the server directories and change the graphic for pause and resume.

Then if I pause and see the new graphic that should indicate that data is
sent at the point of the action.

 John