[mythtv] cvs issues?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jan 28 04:00:51 EST 2004

> And thinking on it more, I recall a problem similar to this when I first
> merged in the win32 code -- it wasn't using the Xv setup routines and falling
> back (wrongly) to the base class for the video output initialization.  Not
> that that should be the problem here, but maybe a place to start looking if a
> distclean and an old installed lib purge doesn't fix it.

ok, rebuilt from clean CVS (and I'm packaging, so the build root gets
wiped clean each time), and still having issues.  Isaac's note made me
notice something else.  Here's the full terminal output, including the
start of the problem point.  It seems that there is some issue with
directfb (which I'm not using), I'm wondering if Axel's spec file has
somehow enabled this as a compile option (or maybe these errors aren't
an issue).

Anyway, maybe it'll give more insight into the issue.  I've
double-checked that whatever the issue is, it's compiled into the RPM
(or a missing/funky dependency), since the problem occurs on both my
workstation and my dedicated myth box.  I've also noticed that some of
these crashes manage to kill the backend, too.

-----

2004-01-28 00:52:38 mythfrontend version: 0.14.20040123-1 www.mythtv.org
2004-01-28 00:52:38 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
2004-01-28 00:52:39 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
2004-01-28 00:52:39 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media handler
2004-01-28 00:52:43 Connecting to backend server: 10.0.1.99:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2004-01-28 00:52:44 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.

       ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.20 ---------------------
             (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
             (c) 2002-2003  convergence GmbH

(*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support) (2003-11-23 20:57)
(*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using MMXEXT optimized memcpy()
(!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Error opening `/dev/fb0'!
    --> No such device
(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system' core!
    --> Not supported!
(!) DirectFB/Core: Error during initialization (Not supported!)
(#) DirectFBError [Couldn't create DirectFB subsystem]: Not supported!
2004-01-28 00:52:44 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[mpeg4 @ 0x8fc8c70]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
[mpeg4 @ 0x8fc8c70]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
--
Chris Petersen