[mythtv] cvs issues?

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Wed Jan 28 08:42:04 EST 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>And thinking on it more, I recall a problem similar to this when I first
>>merged in the win32 code -- it wasn't using the Xv setup routines and falling
>>back (wrongly) to the base class for the video output initialization.  Not
>>that that should be the problem here, but maybe a place to start looking if a
>>distclean and an old installed lib purge doesn't fix it.
>

> ok, rebuilt from clean CVS (and I'm packaging, so the build root gets
> wiped clean each time), and still having issues.  Isaac's note made me
> notice something else.  Here's the full terminal output, including the
> start of the problem point.  It seems that there is some issue with
> directfb (which I'm not using), I'm wondering if Axel's spec file has
> somehow enabled this as a compile option (or maybe these errors aren't
> an issue).
>
> Anyway, maybe it'll give more insight into the issue.  I've
> double-checked that whatever the issue is, it's compiled into the RPM
> (or a missing/funky dependency), since the problem occurs on both my
> workstation and my dedicated myth box.  I've also noticed that some of
> these crashes manage to kill the backend, too.
>
> -----
>
> 2004-01-28 00:52:38 mythfrontend version: 0.14.20040123-1 www.mythtv.org
> 2004-01-28 00:52:38 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> mythtv: could not connect to socket
> mythtv: No such file or directory
> lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
> 2004-01-28 00:52:39 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
> 2004-01-28 00:52:39 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media handler
> 2004-01-28 00:52:43 Connecting to backend server: 10.0.1.99:6543 (try 1 of 1)
> 2004-01-28 00:52:44 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
>
>        ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.20 ---------------------
>              (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
>              (c) 2002-2003  convergence GmbH
>         -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> (*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support) (2003-11-23 20:57)
> (*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using MMXEXT optimized memcpy()
> (!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Error opening `/dev/fb0'!
>     --> No such device
> (!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system' core!
>     --> Not supported!
> (!) DirectFB/Core: Error during initialization (Not supported!)
> (#) DirectFBError [Couldn't create DirectFB subsystem]: Not supported!
> 2004-01-28 00:52:44 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> [mpeg4 @ 0x8fc8c70]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
> [mpeg4 @ 0x8fc8c70]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))

Chris,

I am pretty sure that I saw a post from Axel on one of the myth lists
that stated he does in fact include directfb in the CVS RPMs and this is
causing a lot of people problems. So, either modify the spec file to
remove directfb or just build and install without the RPM. Works for me.

kr

--
K.R. Foley
kr at cybsft.com