[mythtv] Re: Media MVP - vs Epia m6000

James L. Reese jim at hosemore.net
Wed Jan 28 09:42:42 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:22:18 +0100
"Robert Rozman" <rozman at fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm reading threads about hauppage MVP and I'm curious (I don't know much
> about pricings in US) what are pros and cons of MVP over Epia M6000 ?
>
> I guess Epia is more expensive but functionality is much more general (also
> suitable for thin client use, it has HW MPEG2 decoder, TV out, no fan, ...).

My original plan for the house was to use one of the EPIA systems as a frontend in the bedroom.  This may still come to pass if I can't get what I want out of the mediaMVP.  The mediaMVP can be found for $100 or less depending on where, so it's significantly cheaper than the EPIA, albeit not as powerful.

I'm convinced it will be possible to get much of the functionality of myth to work with the mediaMVP, but it's going to take some hacking.

Jim