[mythtv] Fwd: 2 small feature requests

skrpub skrpub at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 23:53:33 EST 2004

Martin Moeller wrote:

>ons, 2004-01-28 kl. 20:06 skrev Joseph A. Caputo:
>[Discussion of multiple outfiles for the same in-data, so to speak]
>

>>>Yes. Got it so far. I just remember a few recordings I made 'back to
>>>back' where the end of the first show was also the start of the next
>>>show (i.e. 5 minuttes of common footage). Was that just an 'error' or
>>>deemed undesirable or something? There are a couple of cases where it
>>>could be useful (to me at least). It it is still possible, is there
>>>something I need to 'turn on' to activate it?
>>>

>>Do you mean to say that you ended up with 2 recordings, and the last 5
>>minutes of the first recording was the same content as the first 5
>>minutes of the second recording?  If so, you either (a) are mistaken,
>>or (b) have multiple tuners.  AFAIK MythTV has never worked this way
>>for back-to-back recordings with a single tuner.  If you have multiple
>>tuners and each show was recorded with a different tuner, then that
>>would explain what you saw.  If you have multiple tuners and you no
>>longer see that behavior, it could be because the scheduler has changed
>>somewhat lately, and it's possible that your back-to-back shows are now
>>being scheduled on the same tuner.
>>
>>-JAC
>>

>Well, then I guess I am mistaken. It's several months hence that I
>thought I saw this so I could very well be mistaken. Oh well. Carry on
>:)

But what an awesome feature that would be! I originally asked about
pre/post roll because the break between certain shows was off, so I
would get the start of one on the end of another, and the file for the
latter would be lacking the start. I'm sure the networks intended this,
but thought pre or post roll might be aggravating it. That feature would
abolish the problem.

Would it be feasible for the encoded stream to be T'd into two files so
they would both be sure to get the start and end of their own show?

Simon