[mythtv] [Draft] Filter documentation.

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Jan 30 14:32:45 EST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 04:51, D Banerjee wrote:
> From: "Kenneth Aafløy" <ke-aa at frisurf.no>
>
> > > Let me rephrase: the deblocking/deringing has almost no
> > > visible effect.
> >
> > Does mplayer do the same thing?
>
> no, mplayer -vf pp looks quite nice actually. Seems to use about 10% less
> cpu than deblock/dering through mythtv. I assume this is what the filter
> defaults are doing.

I'm building MythTV on my desktop right now, as it's somewhat better to test
this on a slightly more powerfull computer than epia m10k :)

I've tested mplayer -vf pp, and it seems to do the job pretty good. Expect to
get to some testing in the next hour or so, unless there's a power outtage by
that time (to much snow here up-north :)

Kenneth