[mythtv] VideoOut Priority

Simon Wilkinson simon at sxw.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 15:56:12 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

> The ViaSlice and XvMC methods are already higher priority than Xv, and
> viaslice is used in preference to xvmc if both are enabled.  Both require
> special setup of the decoder to work, so can't easily be selected in a
> priority list anyway after the decoder has been initialized.

One thing that caught me out is that once the viaslice decoder has been
compiled in, it is used even if mythfrontend isn't running as root.
Running the ddmpeg libraries as a non-root user causes a segmentation fault.

Would it be possible to disable the viaslice driver if the frontend
doesn't have root priviledges?

Cheers,

Simon.