[mythtv] mythfilldatabase not auto-running

Venky Raju dev at venky.ws
Fri Jul 2 14:28:39 EDT 2004

I had the same issue and tracked it down on my system to a problem in the
'housekeeping' table.

Try the following sql command:

	SELECT * FROM housekeeping WHERE tag = "MythFillDB";

If it returns no records or a record with a suspicious value for the
'lastrun' column, then do the following:

	UPDATE housekeeping SET lastrun="2004-07-01 05:00:00" WHERE tag =
"MythFillDB";

This should fix things.  No restarts are required for the backend or
frontend.  The problem is due to the way the housekeeper thread determines
if it should kickoff mythfilldatabase in housekeeper.cpp.

HTH,
Venky