[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] HDTV recording error: IOBOUND -

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jul 3 01:23:13 EDT 2004

> >If you compiled your own install of Myth, you could try bumping up the
> >recording file writer buffer size from its default of 2 Megs.  Edit
> >mytthv/libs/libmythtv/RingBuffer.cpp and change the TFW_BUF_SIZE line
> >near the top to 4*1024*1024 instead of 2*1024*1024.  I don't know

> Thanks for the tip Chris.  Unfortunately, I'm not compiling my own.  I'm
> using atrpms CVS bits.  Since this is ATSC, then the bitrate is about
> 19.3 megabits per second (yep... 19.3).  I think you've nailed it  This
> seems like an awfully small buffer for HDTV.  You'd think that more
> folks would run into the problem.  Maybe folks aren't looking at their
> log files and their more tolerant of glitches in playback... dunno...

I see it occasionally and have committed a few changes recently to the
ThreadedFileWriter I mentioned.  I get these occasionally on my setup when
I have 3 tuners recording and 2-3 shows flagging and I'm watching another
show.  I've considered bumping up the 2Meg buffer to 4Megs, so this is
another argument for doing that.

> I'm going to crosspost this response over to the dev list and see if
> some of the HDTV developers (John Patrick Poet etc...) think that
> something should be done there.

I'll see about getting this increased or something for 0.16.

--

Chris