[mythtv] Features and bugs?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Sat Jul 3 10:15:18 EDT 2004

On Saturday 03 July 2004 16:52, Mattias Runge wrote:

> I have also experienced troubles with the fontsize option, I selected big
> but it still uses medium. And in some places the option seems to not affect
> the fontsize att all. This problem occured when I did not connect my
> VGA-monitor anymore and just uesd the TV. So this may be something related
> to my xconf.

Put "DisplaySize foo bar" where foo is horizontal in mm and bar is vertical in
mm in monitor section of your X config file. Now you'll have to lie to it
about the size but maintain the aspect ratio or you'll end up with a funny
picture. The smaller you make the numbers the bigger the fonts get (it's
trying to maintain absolute font size based on the numbers you give it). I
personally use DisplaySize 324 187 on a 32" widescreen tv (which is not
exactly 16:9 because the tv out doesn't cover the whole screen area). This
way I can keep the aspect ratio at 16:9 wide all the time and the fonts are
fairly readable.

Of course it would be nicer to have the font size controls working right but
for now this is a usable workaround.