[mythtv] MPEG2: Picture start, but no GOP

Wed Jul 7 15:57:57 EDT 2004

Thanks for responding Daniel.

If I wanted to try and make it key off of I-Frames, what would it need to
look for?

I do not want to do anything which would break it for other streams.  Since
these channels are not HD, it is not that important to be able to decode
them, but it would be nice.  What is interesting, is that mplayer will play
the Transport Stream from these stations just fine, but Myth will not.

Transport Streams, Program Streams, MPEG2 are all still a bit of black magic
to me.  I guess I will have to settle down and learn this stuff.

John