[mythtv] channels.conf-import

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Jul 8 21:53:59 EDT 2004

On May 14, 2004, at 7:02 PM, Malcolm Smith wrote:

> Attached is a perl script that does what you are looking to do. You
> are more than welcome to steal anycode .. I'd rather it was built into
> core than a script.. so good ahead.
>
> One thing to note is the change  in syntax for the FEC's and others.
> Took me a while to get my head around.
>
> -malc-
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w

	Malcolm, thanks for that script. A few comments:

1) The script as supplied is incompatible with the database in 0.15.1
    (e.g. the hp_code_rate field is missing, not sure when it was
removed)

2) I suspect it will be a long time before someone writes a C++
    equivalent to this, and since this sort of thing only needs
    to be done in the setup program, it is probably a waste
    having it in one of the myth libraries.
    How would you feel submitting it (or letting me do the same)
    for inclusion in the contrib directory?

3) Something I have noticed about the linuxtv-dvb-apps scan program
    is that it outputs some extra stuff to stdout (ProviderID?)
    that is not written to a tzap format output file.
    I was thinking that adding another output format to the
    scan program for MythTV (maybe raw SQL INSERT statements)
    might be a better way forward than improving your script?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing